Wonderful You

As it would be
It would be time to
Arise from my sleep
And the first thing
I would happen to see
Would be your lovely face,
Oh your lovely face
Thinking to myself
Now realizing with you in my life
This world
Really isn’t such a bad place
After all

As I stared into your deep brown eyes
And the etch of your face
Against this pillow
I’m holding onto
I saw it all
Your eyes listened to our silence
I’ve compared times
All the times
When I wanted to leave
When I wanted to stay
When I just wanted to give up and say
“Fuck it” for the very last time
About the things we’ve held dearest
The things that we really have
The dearest of things
But now I have more
I have you
Part of the present
As well as
My local future
The more I think about it
The more I feel lucky
I’ve hit the jackpot
Without rolling those pesky dice
And it just took someone
Old to bring in someone new
It feels so funny
To be happy
All
The time
With and without you

Where there’s no grief for me
Nor room to cry
Or any reason to doubt –
No reprimands
No guilty trips
No lies
Not even one person shouting about nothing
What a relief you’ve brought to me

Rethinking all the bad advice
Given all the “cold, but safe bullshit”
That people tend to push off
On one another
You know
Those lonely theories that we all were thought
And now I see them for what they were
And will always be
Unhappy
And with you
I could never be

As you hold me close
I feel like I’m already at home
Where my thoughts are all naked
Where they can roam and be free
The possibilities
So many possibilities
No judgmental
Critical
Cynical
Old mole
But an understanding
Kind-hearted
Sharing soul

The gift of a perfect human being
Sent directly
To me

Wonderful you……

Comments

Popular Posts