lost without a wander to want to wonder

so soft and sweet
simple as maple syrup on pancakes
delectable to my palette
tasting you is like wine from the finest vineyard
your bouquet is enough to intoxicate me
let me find the scent that attracts me to you
let me invade the thoughts that you would tell me
let me lead you so that being lost wouldn't be an option
you say find me – yet you're already found
discover with me
you are the treasure
let me be engulfed in your wealth
don’t deny any joys due to yourself
let your desires be a wilderness full of animalistic tendencies
let me be the hunter and you a hunter too
let’s track each other until we find each other
let our traps only be for each other
let us find glory in the moment of victory
there’s no room for defeat
but plenty to be conquered
I might even let you get away
so that I can enjoy the hunt once more
making me want to hold on to you even more
I won’t lose you if you won’t get lost
your eyes can be my guide
and your heart be the reward
see me beyond the camouflage
see me beyond the trees and sunlight
see me without you trying to wander
see me without you trying to wonder
who I am
and who you are to me
and where you are to find me
when all the time you exactly where I can be found

Comments

Anonymous said…
love contested, desired, pushed away and pulled back. the desire for love not to be 20/20...the mysterious. cool like dat.

Popular Posts