In Lieu Of......

Somehow you spilled onto me
And I didn’t know what to do
I wanted you to cling to me
But that wasn’t it
Not even close
Probably disturbed by the fact
And the one simple fact
It was me
No one else
My tie
My bind
But it didn’t seem to matter after all
Not then
Not now
I showed up and so did you
I don’t regret it
But from you
I don’t know
I barely hear from you
You’re barely there
It’s like pulling a bull’s wisdom tooth
What did I do wrong
I decided to compromise
And now it seems like I paying for it
Why
Why must I sit and wait for you
Is it because I want to
And yes I do
So much
To here you say come on
I’m here
Ready
Right now
For you to come over
Just to be there with you
Simple shit
Very simple
Decisions
Not that hard
I repeat
Not that hard
Why not
I made a choice
You did too
So don’t trip
It’s so easy now
No ties
No binding
So free
But still holding onto you
My imagination
I hope not
But by the way you’re acting right now
I’ll probably never know
And I’ll be damn if I repeat
The worst case scenario again –
Chasing a hunch for a chump
So speak up while you have a chance
Or forever hold your tongue

Comments

Anonymous said…
DJ...bold and audacious. i like it. your un-seflconscious honesty is so truly fresh (the first time i accidently typed "flesh" instead of fresh. Crazy.

Popular Posts