Dunno?

My hands have been cut for awhile
I tried band aids but I still managed to reopen the wounds
It wasn't because I tried, it's because I use my hands everyday
Just as I use my heart
Everyday, blood pumps, life continues, just as you and I
Still in the moment, fog can cloud things
Everything I stand for
Shattered
Everything on the table, just fell off
I have no inexplicable powers of inertia
No telepathy, or ESP
Just the middle of me
My core, which you thinks turns brown like peeled apples
When exposed....but you've seen it all
From slammed doors to busted lips
In and out of pain to standing in the rain
Waiting for God to lift this shadow of misinterpretation
Just for minutes to change back to seconds
And to allow time to not take it's toll
And for love to stand till and to stop rolling
Down hill
I share with you
Any and all of today and yesterday
But this fog keeps tomorrow a complete blur
Never mind a complication or two
I would take them in thousands
Just to prove that my lips are still soft & sweet
And that passion still drives my motives
No matter how much it rains, I never need shelter
But fog remains
I can walk down the street and scream your name
And you still wouldn't come running
Even if you were at end just observing my cry
Praying I can walk past your clouds of me
I thought fog left me unrecognizable
But it is Love
I've been waited on to fail and I haven't
I'm expected to snap, but I only bend
Spinach is not the reason for my Popeye moments
It was the exact moment when
I first stopped trying to run from all of who you are
As well as who I am
Rescue missions aborted, and band aids applied again
To capture a smile in your mind before it reaches your face
And to skip hearts before love enters the room of life
In memory of you and I when we were unbroken

Comments

Popular Posts