Triple Duty-Heavy Strength

i came to you to see
where your mind was
and it even surprised me
you had been acting like I wasn't even alive
responding to me with one word answers
when you have always talked me to death
i felt alone and scared
was i gonna be on the losing end
after we saw each other after a couple of weeks apart
i ran to you with the warmest of hugs
i just didn't want to let go of you
my arms were a perfect fit to this dream that was in front of me
before i knew it, we were both laying down together
holding each other
looking at each other
kissing each other with the most delicate
and intricate pecks anyone could dream
the precision and care that was taken
i started to sweat
i felt myself getting warm all over
remind you that the a/c was on sixty degrees
you asked me to get naked
and i did
and so did you
we wrestled for seniority
positions to conquer
grooves to rock and moan to
it was like emotional Pilate's
with handcuffs made of liquid passion
covered in diamonds made of moments shared
during those shared through a many climaxes
oh how they sparkled with just the least of light
i just laid there
exhausted but renewed
i had to know
I was wondering where your mind was
and you told me something that would break my heart
into a collage that didn't make sense
you told me that you didn't want to lie to me
but you did
not once
not twice
but three times
you made the choice of being unfaithful
in one month
with three different people
my gut reaction.....
just vomit and go home and forget everything
but I chose to stay
hell, I'm a man
i needed to know
did you kiss 'em
and you uttered a reluctant yes
and you know I love to kiss
from that moment on
my view of love for you changed like Texas weather
hot today, cold tomorrow
it hurt so damn bad, you made my castle feel inadequate
for any one to dwell in
the questions were so many for me to ask
but I keep them to a minimum
why make my disaster a worse one
when i know what i know
I needed to go home and think
and to top it off
you couldn't make up your mind what you wanted
i've never seen myself so damn calm when it comes to matters of the heart
i knew what I wanted and needed
yet you didn't
you held my hands and hugged me and cried
i didn't think it was foolish, but I didn't think it was real
it was just that, a moment for you, not for me
finally the words stop coming from both of us
my exit was now
when I left the apartment
the sky started to weep
and it seemed to match the tears of my own
and I just asked myself why
i drove so fast, but so slow
the songs were loud and quiet
i don't how I arrived at the light
but when I stopped, I just wailed like life
was waiting for me in the clouds
it just needed to hear me call
i sang a song with words you'll never get to hear
and when I finished, the low riff I gave fluttered
just like a hummingbird that found sweet nectar
for the first time after searching all day
finally
at that moment
i found out that i was enough for myself
my composition of happiness was not based on others
but what i had to give
i found me staring at me
wondering why be down about a mistake you didn't make
and a solution that didn't belong to me
find the simple in knowing that
your path has not been damaged but cleared for you to see what you need to see along the way to joy and comfort

Comments

Popular Posts