That Mountain (Made Of You)

I’m looking at your picture
And in the background
I don’t see walls
I see the backdrop of a blue sky
I can depict a vivid collage as to what you entail holistically
I feel your emotions through your eyes
I’m trying to maintain my collectiveness and not stray off course
I want to see what’s at the top
You have become the main character in a re-current dream that I have
Initially your process of thought is what intrigued me to you
Not to mention your pictures are awesome
But to envision you in person and to see that it was the real you
Not a "telephone personality”
You turned-on my mental and physical stimulation
A moment in this life that has been so rare for me
You’re my reflection in the sun
My shadow at night
Even when I’m eclipsed by the moon
You still shine as bright
My peak has no valley low and my skies never gray
My mental therapy when my body ails
And my groaning pains when I growing
And even when I'm going down, you’re my comfort
What makes me think this way, right now, so early on
I want to know if you would give me what I wanted
And you did
With no expectation
That’s what I wanted and needed
From pure curiosity
You’ve taken me
You're my warrant for enticement
And I just see you more than just a physical being
But something with more substance
So strong
Yet so malleable
Your peaks are dynamic
And those I wish to climb and conquer
The sounds
Like those of a cavern of oasis dipped in glow-laced daydreams

Where you're the emotions with motives that never come out right but desire
And deserve the same attention and intention that wants for wanting
The hardest thing about anticipation is that it multiplies at an astounding rate
To sneak up behind you one day and whisper words you long to hear
Let me show your heart something that is eternal
Remove the gate and let your heart roam to mine and learn this language
The swerving of your palms as they hold my heart
I begin to exhale and am thankful you are you
I just want to be more than I am right now
Just me
But with you
I must make it up the mountain
To see you

Comments

Popular Posts