The Means

Concrete means
Of beating me with your points
Did you hear me
While you were
Doing what you do
Normally
Exhausting me with nothingness
And despite the site of change
The foundation stays the same
And you wonder why
The house sinks when it rains
Get up and get off
And leave me alone
Do something that I can get at the store
For a mere buck and some loose nickels
Nourish
Revitalize
And absorb quickly
But I guess what you offer
Is nothing legal here in the states
Addiction
Theft by induction of mind-altering
Junk
You leave me feeling dry and cracked

Happiness
Flees from you like
A tour of duty gone wrong
I’m innocent and you’re my Vietnam
A spray of bullets from you alone
Are enough to wound a mound of those happy
And binding their grace by force
Leaving all in need

What makes you this way
To strip
All of everything
And still want more
God have mercy on what’s wrong with you

Comments

Popular Posts