Don't Sit Down Too Long

We're gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony
but damn, and what about me...
today you decided to shout out to the world my own and ever revolving and evolving sin
mind you, I considered you to be my true brethren
I grew up in this same house, just as you
but today I couldn't be there to see you graduate from puppy love to the real “i love you”
and to make matters worse, they all hate me now
not a moment of a recovery from anyone, or even the face of a re-thinker's brow
they all left me to the wolves just as you and what this world has to offer
my tears mean nothing, my praises for the Lord, they told me why bother
my only sin was wanting to be born again, and to be forgiven
and to be more like him, but all of me had to be to your personal liking
forgive me oh Lord, what have I done
forgive me oh Lord, what have I done now
these same people, the ones who praised me
the same ones who are forsaking me
the ones who couldn't wait to sing with me
the same self-righteous folks that would pray for me
now, every one of them wants to send me to hell
since you stop speaking to me, one of the member's been sending me hate mail
threatening me, saying that if I don't change my lifestyle
that he would have to take the Lord's work into his own hands
I sat an wondered, what verse in the Bible did this come from?
Making his simple-minded motivation into self-taught ministry
now I'm carrying a weapon, yet I'm still trying to think like He
I was not taught to hate you, but I worry for my life
it's gotten so bad
it's gotten so damn bad
I went from leading the morning sermons
to being the world's most despicable and vermin
and now that all of my life is exposed
the congregation now wants to be disposed of
Who's the devil in sheep's clothing now
Can you tell me that?
I've been teaching for so long, Sunday school to all the kids
now all my my faults are out and all the wrongs I did
the armor I pray for every day disappears
and now my own faith has been diminished, and I live in mortal fears
I went from moral living with an edge
to full time sinning due to who's in my bed
and yet you pray for my recovery
and at the same time in this discovery
I'm cast out by you all with not type of remorse
I've just been handed papers of my spiritual divorce
I've been sat on the porch like a slave waiting on a lynching
and all of my friends play a part of this dissension
hopefully my life won't play out on the evening news to the hands of a Christian doing God's will
where's my seat
where do I sit now
again I say, I've been sat on the porch like a slave waiting on a lynching
hopefully my life won't play out on the evening news to the hands of another Christian doing God's will
where's my seed in him, that is in me
where do I sit now, when no one wants to sit next to me


he saw the best in me, when everyone else around me,
could only see the worst in me.....


Persecutions/Predicted
John 15 Verses 18-25

Verse 18 Reads, “If the world hates you, understand that it hated ME before it hated you.....”
and the verses go on explaining more about hate and persecutions and the very last line of Verse 25 Reads....”They Hated Me For No Reason”

Comments

Popular Posts