The Last Words In Mind

I know what it feels like to be the dumbest man in the world
I know what it feels like to be an MC without any hot lyrics to spit
I know what it feels like to yell so loud that it comes out as whispers
I know what it feels like to be disregarded now in all aspect
I am fully aware of it all
And now I feel like nothing
I’m trying to feel nothing
I’m tired of the exhaustion that comes along with the madness
The insane arguments of nothing particular
The repetitive nature of a mean soul
The same ole’ shit that seems to linger around longer than the stench
How do you do the things you do
And I respond
You just do as you normally do
For as long as you can
Hoping
Hopefully
Everything works out
But your mouth says otherwise
And Lord please don’t let my past pave the way
For one more of your arguments
The tendency to bring up the irrelevant
Continues to loathe somewhere between hatred, hatred
And a twist of ignorance
But we know that you talk for the both of us
Hell
Not us
You
How fair is that
So comfortable in a skin that wears little
And seems to take much more than the average man
It must be alligator
Snakeskin even
I don’t know
I wish I had it at times
And at other times I’m so glad that I don’t
If you were on the other end
Maybe
Just maybe
You’ll see where my mind is and why my heart seems on the verge of failing
Why fight for a love
When there is more fight than love to begin with
A battle royal
Just another rooster
With an empty coop
Useless and angry
All the time
Alone without a fight to reason for a fight to start
All by yourself

Comments

Popular Posts