En Route to Slur

I had a brush with disappointment
Yesterday
And I tell you
It brushed me the wrong damn way
Of all the times when I needed
A peace of mind
A time for calm
All of that went down like the setting of the sun
And here comes the mess of all times
Not one bowl of it
But a heaping crock-pot full
Why now
Didn’t I just have a moment like this yesterday
Or was it the day before
When you deal with frustration on a reoccurring basis
The days melt together
Not because you want them to
But because it takes so much time
And then you can’t even decipher what was what

a naive understanding with something complex hidden behind the door of complacency........all the time still beckoned by the call of fear beneath the stairs on which we walk on everyday to and from throughout our daily routine

You passed by me with no words left
Not for me anyway
And that surprised even my curiosity
The one who talks all the damn time
On end
Endless
I know you like to hear yourself speak
On an on and on
Nagging is what they call it
Annoyance is what I put on it
And you know that upfront
But you do what you do to a “t”

Fuck it, let me just get a drink
And smooth this shit out with a blur
That you couldn’t give me if
You were a bag of weed
Jealous huh
You need to be
I needed that

Comments

Popular Posts