Lil Late Thinker (Friend)

i might not be the best
but i do stand out from the rest
i'm me
and all my glory
good and bad
and the sad part is that the shadows
I've gotten rid of
you still see
i've tried to be a magician
maybe my heart could wipe your mind free
and also the hands that love you like they do
everytime i reach for a plate to prepare
for your nourishment
cause i could really care about mine until second
they still care and contain love
my friend who seems to see that being a friend takes to
returning a phone call like you said you would
my friend who would let me voice an opinion
without worrying if it is right or wrong
because i'm giving you the same respect
hell, i'm not even asking for caring the way i do
just to be shown a little bit more
just a grain, is that asking too much
i've had to let go of a dream that till this day
brings me to my knees, my emotions become scabs that have been ripped off
the sores turn back to scars back to sores
and you ask why i still do as i do
love
not for the just mention of it
or for the sake of saying
but because it is true,
whether your eyes, ears, nose or throat know
the difference
i know right know it is difficult
it's difficult for me too
i'm just as made up as flesh as you
just to see you calling on my phone
hoping that you'll say i love you before i do
praying you'll say that i was thinking of you today
just as much as i was today
to care about me
because i care for you without a cause
that's my not my fault
i can't explain why my heart went wild for you
but it did
and it does, the love flows with waters as gentle and welcoming
as one could be showered with
it has stayed brand new for years
nothing has tarnished it
it can do flip-flops while being sick to the stomach
and still be a concern when i am in pain
even with a broken tooth, i called to check on you
i called to just to hear your voice
looking for the moment of compassion to show up
just the inkling of hope
but that's me
the optimist when all else fails
and they do fail, i do try to find a reason why
and a maybe as to why it's for the best
i just need a helping hand from you to pull me from this mess
i'm going to try everything to get you to stay
but all i have left is my memories and my heart
i hope after all is said done
dear God, please let this be enough to mend the pieces
even if it is only me doing the mending

Comments

Popular Posts