I Guess Not (Who Knows It, This, Us)

I'm not scared of it all
But I know that this is new
And I am slow to grasp this
Lost in love and a want to be
Gloom is not my favorite color
But it seems to wear me
More than others can see
I thought that the brightest thing
Could be you and I
But I guess not
I don't laugh the laugh of love anymore
These circumstances don't play like chess
But more like spades
And somebody looked at my hand
It ain't supposed to be this way
Do you remember we shared a laughter of joy TOGETHER
And when you smile
I'm not around
But maybe I'm not supposed to see or be
I pray for change and I get a nudge
The more I tug, the more the strings loosen
Soon, I won't even have a garment to cover me
For safety
Baby, it ain't supposed to be this way
I want the more of wanting to fight for this
But you got to meet me halfway
I call you and the message says you're unavailable
How many text messages do I have to send
Hell, I even call but I can't leave a voice message
Since I guess you moved or not
But you're not where I need you to be
I miss you
But you gotta meet me halfway
I'm a track star cause you got me jumping hurdles
I guess you don't see it
No communication equals nothing going on
You do the math
This is not Boolean
Get with the program
At this point I am almost running and hiding
To survive this unknown
This feeling, I don't know
Patience with none to give or to last
I'm not slow, I'm not fast
I'm just idling by, looking for a signal to step on the gas
In your direction, but it seems to be traffic your way
The longer the wait, the longer the pain
Such a mystery, cause you're into me, or you were so into me
My energy is none and I can't breathe
Just call me damn it
I don't want anything from you
I just want to know you again
I'm walking when I should be running
Talking when silence, my silence
Should be the loudest thing you hear
You've taken the core
And split me
Put me back!
I can't prove my worth to you
Since you've become m.i.a
Could I be foolish to see this mirage of you
I know I need more than air
I need water too
My wants are so little that I'm very low maintenance
But you're killing me here
There isn't a damn thang that I wouldn't to prove this
I'd give up all I got so that I could just have you hold me in your arms just one time
That's not much, but enough to make me feel like the luckiest man in the world
I'm speechless now and I ain't got shit else to say
I am fed up
I'm human like the next person
Should I have known better to give up and not even try
Where am I going right now, who knows
You tell me
I just want to do the right thing
Only with you

Comments

Anonymous said…
...wow... how beautifully intense, naked but clothed with mystery... the deepest part of you I have yet to fully understand... the part of you I wish I had the privilege to know... ...I hope your heart heals in whatever facet it is broken, whether this is a present reality or an emotional scar you have yet to let go... ...stay beautiful, stay you...

- justus

Popular Posts