A Gap Where A Bridge Should Be

I crave
For that magic back
The sex in and out of the sheets
The desire where it hurts so much when you aren’t near
I want the warmth back in my heart
I want you to put it back in
Make me melt into a pool of seductive nourishment
The way it used to be
The way it should be now
But stronger, way stronger
I need that touch of you
I want to smell you on the back of your neck
And trace your spine with my tongue
Inhaling the sweet notes of your body’s essence
To make my night
Our night
To make sounds of relief
And in its finality
Peace
Quiet
Embracing and embarking
On waking up together
In your arms
I need you in ways
Multiples of millions
That’s more than the letters I can type on this subject
You can
And you could
Mend it all
In one swift motion
I want to be placed
In that position
To be ok
With it
With us
Right now
To make it
Ok
For real
This time
But my mind won’t let me right now
So help me
Help me try
Stop fighting me
Start loving me
Finish my quilt with an edge that won’t fray in the wash
Make me invincible
Even against you
So that I can go forward
With love again
With sex again
With passion
With the emotions that seem to be more distant that I even realize
Make love to my mind so that I can release my own tension
Leaving all stress devoured by rationale and understanding
For me
For you
For us

Comments

Anonymous said…
Making sexuality personal and interpersonal. I was struck by the fact that there is a communicative gesture to this poem. As if it were addressed to someone. It illuminates, to me, that sex/love divide. That sex is sex (reinforced everywhere in popular culture) is the near side of the bridge. The far side is love. All the feelings expressed, the angst, the seductiveness, the fear and the love is the bridge. You remind your reader(s) that while almost everywhere sex is almost a commercial exchange (and by this mean an exchange that happens in an economy of pleaseure) and you oppose it with love (a personal and interpersonal exchange). The bridge is the revolution.

Popular Posts